1. Son of the Highest, deign to cast
On us a pitying eye,
Thou who repentant Magdalene
Didst call to joys on high.
2. Thy long lost coin is stored at length
In treasure house divine,
The jewel from pollution cleansed
Doth now the stars outshine.
3. Jesu, the balm of every wound,
The sinner’s only stay,
Grant us, like Magdalene, to weep
In this Thy mercy’s day.
4. Absolve us by Thy gracious Word,
Fulfill us with Thy love,
And guide us through the storms of life
To perfect rest above.
5. All praise, all glory be to Thee,
O everlasting Lord,
Whose mercy doth our souls forgive,
Whose bounty doth reward.
Source: The Cyber Hymnal #6036