Baxter, Lydia, an American Baptist, was b. at Petersburg, N. York, Sep. 2, 1800, married to Mr. Baxter, and d. in N. Y. June 22, 1874. In addition to her Gems by the Wayside, 1855, Mrs. Baxter contributed many hymns to collections for Sunday Schools, and Evangelistic Services. Of these, the following are the best known:—
1. Cast thy net again, my brother. Patient toil. Given in the Royal Diadem, N. Y., 1873.
2. Go, work in my vineyard. Duty. Also given in the Royal Diadem, 1873, and Mr. Sankey's S. & Solos, No. 4.
3. I'm kneeling, Lord, at mercy's gate. Lent. In Coronation Hymns, &c, N. Y., 1879.
4. I'm weary, I'm fainting, my day's work is done. Longing for rest. Royal Diadem. 1873.
5. In the fadeless s… Go to person page >
Display Title: Tag, det namnet Jesus med digFirst Line: Tag, det namnet Jesus med digTune Title: TAKE THE NAMEAuthor: Lydia BaxterMeter: 8 7, 8 7. Med körDate: 1913Subject: Conversion and Faith | ; New Year | ; Nyår | ; Sinnesändring och Tro |