Scudder, Eliza , niece of Dr. E. H. Sears, (q.v.), was born in Boston, U.S.A., Nov. 14,1821, and now (1888) lives in Salem, Massachusetts. Formerly an Unitarian, she some time ago joined the Protestant Episcopal Church. Her hymns in common use are:—
1. From past regret and present[faithlessness] feebleness . Repentance. In the Quiet Hours, Boston, 1875.
2. I cannot find Thee! Still on restless pinion . Seeking after God. Appeared in Longfellow and Johnson's Unitarian Hymns of the Spirit, 1864.
3. In Thee my powers and treasures live. Faith.
4. Life of our life, and light of all our seeing! Prayer. In the Boston Quiet Hours, 1875.
5. The day is done; the weary day of thought and toil is past. Evening. In Sermons and Son… Go to person page >
Display Title: Thou hast gone up againFirst Line: Thou hast gone up againTune Title: HAWARDENAuthor: Eliza ScudderScripture: Colossians 3:1Date: 1912Subject: Our Lord Christ | His Ascension and Priesthood