Rev. F. W. Berlemann was a pastor of the German Reformed Church of St. Lucas in 1899.
NN, Hymnary. From the October 15, 1899 issue of The Times from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Go to person page >
Author: E. A. Hoffman
Elisha Hoffman (1839-1929) after graduating from Union Seminary in Pennsylvania was ordained in 1868. As a minister he was appointed to the circuit in Napoleon, Ohio in 1872. He worked with the Evangelical Association's publishing arm in Cleveland for eleven years. He served in many chapels and churches in Cleveland and in Grafton in the 1880s, among them Bethel Home for Sailors and Seamen, Chestnut Ridge Union Chapel, Grace Congregational Church and Rockport Congregational Church. In his lifetime he wrote more than 2,000 gospel songs including"Leaning on the everlasting arms" (1894). The fifty song books he edited include Pentecostal Hymns No. 1 and The Evergreen, 1873.
Mary Louise VanDyke… Go to person page >