Born: 1873, Kington Magna (near Gillingham), Dorsetshire, England.
Died: December 24, 1956.
Edwards was educated at Bath College; New College, Oxford; and Ridley Hall, Cambridge. After teaching two years in Switzerland, he returned to Britain, and in 1902 became an Anglican minister at Liverpool Cathedral. He also served at St. Paul’s, Princes Park, and as a chaplain in Seville, Spain, and in Cyprus. In 1908, he returned to Kington Magna, where he served as Rector for the next 48 years. In addition, for the 37 years before his death, Edwards was secretary and treasurer of the Salisbury Diocesan Guild of [Bell] Ringers. Melksham Church in Wiltshire has a plaque in his memory.
Go to person page >