- Text Copyright
- © 2007 Paul Thé, admin. Faith Alive Christian Resources
- Tune Copyright
- Music © 2007 Paul Thé, admin. Faith Alive Christian Resources · Arr. © 2011 Paul Thé, admin. Faith Alive Christian Resources
- Reprint/Projection Information
For Piano Accompaniment Only:
- Options for alternative accompaniment:
- In the right hand, consider playing chords only on beats 1 and 3, keeping the slow, steady, two-beat-per-measure feel.
- In the left hand, if the 10ths are difficult to reach, either roll them or play just the bass note.
- Keep the same steady tempo as the volume and the tessitura rises.
Maker of heaven and earth,
as you rescued Daniel from the lions, protect us from the evil that would consume us.
As you saved Noah from the flood, keep us from drowning in trouble.
You have freed us from the power of sin, blessed the work of our minds and hands,
and given us eternal life—all through Jesus Christ.We praise and thank you, now and always. Amen.
Eelco Vos (b. 1972) is a Dutch composer and pianist. He studied at the Conservatory of Music in Utrecht and obtained degrees in music education and classical piano. He studied under master pianist Alwin Bär, and took master classes from Ivan Moravec and Ferenc Rados. For several years Vos played with an acoustic band, and many of his songs were aired on the radio. Vos grew up playing the piano and singing the Genevan psalm settings at home, school and church. Hoping to revitalize the singing of the Genevan psalms, Vos founded The Psalm Project, a group of musicians from across the Netherlands who rework some of the older tunes or write new ones to fit the text. Vos is the composer and pianist. The Psalm Project has toured across the Netherlands, and come multiple times to Canada and the United States.
— Laura de Jong
Author and Composer Information
Paul Thé was born in the Los Angeles area, graduated from Long Beach State University and the University of California, Riverside, and then studied at Gordon-Conwell Seminary and Western Seminary, becoming an ordained minister in the Reformed Church in America (RCA). Paul enjoys songwriting and works with a number of musicians, worship leaders and pastors in Southern California and around the country, and served for almost twenty years as a worship and arts director/pastor before co-founding The Bridge in 2001, an RCA church plant in Chino, California, where he is currently lead pastor.
— Paul The