Spirit of the Living God
- Text Copyright
- St. 1 © 1994 Birdwing Music, admin. CapitolCMGPublishing.com
· St. 2 © 1982 The Jubilate Group, admin. Hope Publishing Company
- Tune Copyright
- © 1994 Birdwing Music, admin. CapitolCMG Publishing.com
- Reprint/Projection Information
- Words St. 1: Permitted with a license from CCLI.com. If you do not own this license, please contact the copyright holder for permission.
- Words St. 2: Permitted with a license from CCLI.com or from OneLicense.net. If you do not own one of these licenses, please contact the copyright holder for permission.
- Music: Permitted with a license from CCLI.com. If you do not own this license, please contact the copyright holder for permission.
Further Reflections on Scripture References
The composite hymn text is a prayer for the Holy Spirit to work renewal in the individual heart (st. 1) and to make these renewed people one in love and service (st. 2).
Bert Polman, Psalter Hymnal Handbook
Confessions and Statements of Faith References
Further Reflections on Confessions and Statements of Faith References
This song emphasizes the action of the Christian and the church to call on God to renew our hearts through the word. These requests are based on the truths taught in Belgic Confession, Article 24: True faith is “produced in us by the hearing of God’s Word and by the work of the Holy Spirit, (and) regenerates us and makes us new creatures, causing us to live a new life and freeing us from the slavery of sin.”
You can view this hymn by purchasing it in our Lift Up Your Hearts mobile app.
Due to copyright restrictions,
we cannot display this hymn on our website or provide printable copies of it.