Cushing, William Orcutt , born at Hingham, Massachusetts, Dec. 31, 1823, is the author of the following hymns which appear in I. D. Sankey's Sacred Songs and Solos:—
1. Beautiful valley of Eden. Heaven.
2. Down in the valley with my Saviour I would go. Trusting to Jesus.
3. Fair is the morning land. Heaven.
4. I am resting so sweetly in Jesus now. Rest and Peace in Jesus.
5. I have heard of a land far away. Heaven.
6. 0 safe to the Rock that is higher than I. The Rock of Ages.
1. Ring the bells of heaven, there is joy today. Heavenly Joy over repenting Sinners.
8. We are watching, we are waiting. Second Advent anticipated.
Mr. Cushing has also several additional hymns in some American Sunday School collections… Go to person page >
Translator (refrain): Henry Maxwell Wright
Born in Lisbon, 7 December 1849 to English parents who were Christians. He returned to England and worked in business. After helping Dwight Moody in evangelism campaigns in England in 1874 and 1875 he abandoned his business career and became an evangelist in England and Scotland. He returned to Portugal on several occasions for evangelism meetings and wrote many hymns in Portuguese. Go to person page >
Translator (stanzas): David William Hodges
David William Hodges was born in Kansas City, Missouri, December 22, 1942. He has music degrees (B.A., M.A. in voice) from Central Missouri State College (Warrensburg, MO) and a Master's degree in religious education from Midwestern Baptist Theological Seminary (Kansas City, MO) and studied in the doctoral program at Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary (Fort Worth, TX). After serving several churches in Missouri, Florida and Texas, he and his family were appointed as missionaries to Brazil under the Foreign (now International) Mission Board of the Southern Baptist Convention. They served from 1980 until retirement in 2010, principally as a professor of voice and conducting in three different Baptist seminaries. He was a member of the… Go to person page >