Cronenwett, Emmanuel, a Lutheran Pastor at Butler, Pennsylvania, U.S.A., contributed to the Evangelical Lutheran Hymnal, Published by Order of the Evangelical Lutheran Joint Synod of Ohio and other States, 1880, in addition to 20 translations from the German, the following original hymns, some of which rank with the best in the collection:—
1. A holy state is wedded life. Domestic Worship.
2. Faith is wisdom from on high. Faith.
3. Heavenly Father, Jesus taught us. Prayer.
4. Lord, Thine omniscience I adore. Omniscience.
5. O Triune God, Thy blessing great. Domestic Worship.
6. Of omniscient grace I sing. Omniscience.
7. Of Zion's honour angels sing. Ordination.
8. The precepts of the word are pure.… Go to person page >
Composed by Alexander R. Reinagle (b. Brighton, Sussex, England, 1799; d. Kidlington, Oxfordshire, England, 1877), ST. PETER was published as a setting for Psalm 118 in Reinagle's Psalm Tunes for the Voice and Pianoforte (c. 1836). The tune first appeared with Newton's text in Hymns Ancient and Mode…
Display Title: As By One's Sin Fell All Our KinFirst Line: As by one's sin fell all our kinTune Title: COWPERAuthor: Emanuel CronenwettMeter: C. M.Date: 1930Subject: The Means of Grace | Faith and Justification
Display Title: As by one's sin fell all our kinFirst Line: As by one's sin fell all our kinTune Title: ST. PETERAuthor: Rev. Emanuel Cronenwett, D. D.Meter: C. M. No. 2Date: 1908Subject: Fourteenth Sunday after Trinity | ; The Catechism | Justification