Loy, M., President of the Capital University, Columbus, Ohio, contributed several original hymns, and translations from the German, to the Evangelical Lutheran Hymnal. Published by Order of the Evangelical Lutheran Joint Synod of Ohio and Other States. Columbus, Ohio, 1880.
The translations may be found through the Index of Authors, &c.; the original hymns are the following:—
1. An awful mystery is here. Holy Communion.
2. At Jesus' feet our infant sweet. Holy Baptism.
3. Come, humble soul, receive the food. Holy Communion.
4. Give me, 0 Lord, a spirit lowly. Humility desired.
5. God gave His word to holy men. Inspiration of Holy Scripture.
6. God of grace, Whose word is sure. Faithfulness.
7. How matchless is… Go to person page >
TALLIS CANON is one of nine tunes Thomas Tallis (PHH 62) contributed to Matthew Parker's Psalter (around 1561). There it was used as a setting for Psalm 67. In the original tune the melody began in the tenor, followed by the soprano, and featured repeated phrases. Thomas Ravenscroft (PHH 59) publish…
Display Title: God gave His Word by holy menFirst Line: God gave His Word by holy menTune Title: TALLIS' CANONMeter: L. M.Date: 1898Subject: Christ | Corner-stone; Word of God | ; Word of God | Inspiration of
Display Title: God gave His Word by holy menFirst Line: God gave His Word by holy menTune Title: MENODNAuthor: Rev. Matthias Loy, D. D.Meter: L. M. No. 1Date: 1908Subject: The Catechism | The Word; Sixth Sunday after Epiphany | ; Sixth Sunday after Trinity |