Stanfield, Francis, s. of Clarkson Stanfield the artist, was b. in London Nov. 5, 1836 [sic. 1835], and educated at St. Edmund's College, near Ware. Since his ordination he has principally been engaged in conducting missions and retreats, but he was for some time stationed at Hertford, and has been lately priest in charge at Old Hall Green, Herts. A collected edition of his hymns is being issued by the Benedictine Fathers at Ramsgate. They include:—
i. From his Catholic Hymns, pt. i. 1858, ii. 1860:—
1. All hail, bright feast of jubilation. All Saints.
2. All ye who love your fatherland. Prayer for England.
3. Drear is the nightfall. B. V. M.
4. Hail, Virgin Queen of May's bright gladdening hours. May.
5. Hear th… Go to person page >
Display Title: Hear Thy Children, Gentle JesusFirst Line: Hear Thy children, gentle JesusTune Title: ST. SYLVESTERAuthor: Francis StanfieldMeter: 87.87Source: Cantica Sacra by John H. Cornell (Boston: Patrick Donahoe, 1865)