1. O Lord, ’tis matter of high praise,
Thy Word on us doth shine,
But happy they who feel its rays,
And glorious power divine.
2. O let poor sinners feel their sin
Prick them, as with a sword;
And purge out all that filth within;
So will we praise Thy Word.
3. Enlightened souls have cause to sing,
Who wounded were by Thee;
True cause of joy to such doth spring;
For they, Lord, healèd be.
4. And now in robes most richly decked,
They to the King are brought;
Surpassing angels, for have they
A robe so richly wrought.
5. We therefore throw our crowns below
Thy high and glorious throne;
And must all say, both night and day,
Thou worthy art alone,
6. All glory, power, and praise to have,
By us forevermore;
Thus let us sing unto our King,
And Him in heart adore.
|Instances (1 - 1 of 1)||Title||First Line||Tune||Tune Key||Author||Meter||Scripture||Date||Subject||Source|
|The Cyber Hymnal #5157||O Lord, 'Tis Matter of High Praise||O Lord, 'tis matter of high praise||ABERDEEN||Benjamin Keach||CM||<cite>Spiritual Songs: Being the Marrow of the Scripture</cite> (London: John Marshal, 1700)|