1. O Thou who hast, in every age,
Thy trusting people safely led,
On us, who in Thy work engage,
Thy Spirit’s guiding influence shed.
2. As moon and stars their beams unite,
To gild and gladden every zone,
So blend Thy Word and works their light,
To make Thy grace and glory known.
3. Though Thou art holy, wise, and great,
And we are sinful worms of clay,
Thou dost regard our low estate,
And bend to listen while we pray.
4. On those who sow in youthful minds
The seeds of harvests yet to be,
Bestow the living faith, which binds
The heart in loyal love to Thee.
5. Protect our youth from every foe,
And lead in paths of truth and peace;
As they in age and knowledge grow,
May faith and holiness increase.
6. So to Thy Church, in wisdom taught,
May men of nobler life be given;
Until, by holy deed and thought,
This world is lifted nearer Heaven.
Source: The Cyber Hymnal #5434