1. Two brothers freely cast their lot
With David’s royal Son;
The cost of conquest counting not,
They deem the battle won.
2. Brothers in heart, they hope to gain
An undivided joy,
That man may one with man remain,
As boy was one with boy.
3. Christ heard; and willed that James should fall
First prey of Satan’s rage;
John linger out his fellows all,
And die in bloodless age.
4. Now they join hands once more above
Before the Conqueror’s throne!
Thus God grants prayer; but in His love
Makes times and ways His own.
5. All glory to the Father be,
All glory to the Son,
All glory, Holy Ghost, to Thee
While endless ages run.
Source: The Cyber Hymnal #6504
|Instances (1 - 1 of 1)||Title||First Line||Tune||Tune Key||Author||Meter||Scripture||Date||Subject||Source|
|The Cyber Hymnal #6504||Two Brothers Freely Cast Their Lot||Two brothers freely cast their lot||ST. MAGNUS||John H. Newman||CM||<cite>Lyra Apostolica</cite>, 1836|