Listen, God Is Calling
- Text Copyright
- © 1979 Lutheran Theological College, Makumira, Tanzania
- Tune Copyright
- Arr. © 2001 C. Michael Hawn
- Reprint/Projection Information
- Words: Please contact Makumira University College (for Lutheran Theological College), see copyright holder for permission.
- Music: Please contact Makumira University College (for Lutheran Theological College), see copyright holder for permission.
Further Reflections on Scripture References
Deep calls to deep. For those who have ears to hear; this is God’s heart: forgiveness, salvation, remembering the forgotten, faithful living by the Word. Each returning “listen” and refrain encourages us to be alert to that persistent “still, small voice” of the Spirit.
Confessions and Statements of Faith References
Further Reflections on Confessions and Statements of Faith References
This song emphasizes our need to listen well, and includes a call to ourselves and others to receive it as God’s truth. Such prayers and exhortations implement the convictions of Belgic Confession, Article 24 and Our World Belongs to God, paragraph 32: “The Bible is the Word of God, the record and tool of his redeeming work. It is the Word of truth, breath of God, fully reliable in leading us to know God and to walk with Jesus Christ in new life.”
You can view this hymn by purchasing it in our Lift Up Your Hearts mobile app.
Due to copyright restrictions,
we cannot display this hymn on our website or provide printable copies of it.