Abana alathi fi ssama (Abana in Heaven)
- Text Copyright
- © 2002 "Songs of the Evangelical Presbyterian Church of Egypt," Council of Pastoral Work and Evangelism, admin. Faith Alive Christian Resources
· Trans. and Adapt. © 2008 Faith Alive Christian Resources
- Tune Copyright
- © 2002 Songs of the Evangelical Presbyterian Church of Egypt, Council of Pastoral Work and Evangelism, admin. Faith Alive Christian Resources
· Arr. © 2008 Greg Scheer
· Adapt. © 2008, 2012 Faith Alive Christian Resources
- Reprint/Projection Information
- Words and Music: Permitted with a license from CCLI.com. If you do not own this license, please contact the copyright holder for permission.
Confessions and Statements of Faith References
Further Reflections on Confessions and Statements of Faith References
God’s children are taught to think of the Lord’s Prayer as the model for prayer. Belgic Confession, Article 26 teaches us that “we call on the heavenly Father through Christ, our only Mediator, as we are taught by the Lords’ Prayer...” Heidelberg Catechism, Lord’s Day 45, Question and Answer 118 teaches that we should pray for “everything we need, spiritually and physically, as embraced in the prayer Christ our Lord himself taught us” and then spends seven Lord’s Days expounding on the petitions of the Lord’s Prayer.
You can view this hymn by purchasing it in our Lift Up Your Hearts mobile app.
Due to copyright restrictions,
we cannot display this hymn on our website or provide printable copies of it.